Suggested weight range
Beam At Waterline
Mould 457 (70-80kg) was developed on the success and popularity of the M422 range, proven winners in the Schoolgirls and boys market. Sykes has further refined the shape and wetted surface to deliver excellent results in both new boats.
Our fifth generation of Quads and Fours retains the stability and low wetted surface area shape and highly regarded ‘feel’ of the M422 but to improve performance. Sykes has narrowed the bow profile of the boat and slightly added more depth through the mid-section. This results in a lower wave drag than its predecessors as well as a fairer (i.e. more slippery) hull shape.
This design is also available for a 60-70kg crew. Learn more about Mould 456 here.
Sykes new “5K Construction”
- 5K is Sykes very own method of high strength, high stiffness carbon composite construction designed to save weight and increase stiffness. With a Kevlar presence in the footwells, these areas are now more damage resistant from athletes dropping items into the bottom of the boat (i.e. drink bottles).
Moulded Mono Decks
- Sykes mono deck features a state of the art design that not only improves the structure and style of the boat, but significantly improves the overall comfort for the rower. When you row in a Sykes boat, it will feel the same, regardless of what seat you are in!
- Along with pin block measurement tapes standard on all Sykes boats, a centre line is marked on the base of all our pins. This makes it easy to see the centre of the span when measuring. Just one way Sykes makes rigging your boat that little bit easier.
Moulded Stern Bulkheads
- We have improved the layup and integration of the stern bulkhead, which now flows smoothly over the stern deck. This improves stiffness and greatly improves the aesthetics of the boat.
Moveable head rest
- Sykes offers coxswains the opportunity to move their headrest back and forth with them so they can push themselves against the bow bulkhead. This means a more comfortable experience for coxswains so they can focus on the task of steering straight and getting their crew to row fast.
Bow Coaming Splash
- We have increased the height of the bow coaming to improve wave taking ability and combine seamlessly into the flange.
- In sweep configuration, all four riggers are the same width. This means you can rig the boat any way you want for bow or stern cox!