Suggested weight range
Boat Overall Length
Beam At Waterline
Mould 139 is Sykes designated Heavyweight Men’s Single Scull.
Following the successful launch of Moulds 137 and 138, Sykes has updated the hull shape of M139 to be in-line with our 5K single scull range. The new shape has improved stability and less drag, and allows for either a bow (carbon) or stern (aluminium) mounted rigger.
The key features of the M139 include:
- Fine entry angles at the bow result in minimal bow wave development.
- A hull shape which has achieved unprecedented levels of stability coupled with very low drag at all speeds.
- A new construction method/lay-up, which includes a combination of Carbon Fibre, Nomex honeycomb and Kevlar.
- Bow mounted carbon fibre rigger or Stern mounted aluminium rigger options
- A new rigger foot for the aluminium rigger.
- New bow and stern deck joins.
All of these new features have contributed to a significant quality, performance and comfort advantage for the end user.
Sykes “5K Construction”
- 5K is Sykes very own method of high strength, high stiffness carbon composite construction designed to save weight and increase stiffness. With a Kevlar presence in the footwells, these areas are now more damage resistant from athletes dropping items into the bottom of the boat (i.e. drink bottles).
Moulded Stern Bulkheads
- We have improved the layup and integration of the stern bulkhead, which now flows smoothly over the stern deck. This improves stiffness and greatly improves the aesthetics of the boat.
Moulded Mono Decks
- Sykes mono deck features a state of the art design that not only improves the structure and style of the boat, but significantly improves the overall comfort for the rower. When you row in a Sykes boat, it will feel the same, regardless of what seat you are in!
- Along with pin block measurement tapes standard on all Sykes boats, a centre line is marked on the base of all our pins. This makes it easy to see the centre of the span when measuring. Just one way Sykes makes rigging your boat that little bit easier.
Carbon Bow Mount Rigger (Optional Extra)
- The Sykes Carbon bow mount rigger is the forerunner in rigger construction. Designed by leading Australian engineers, the Sykes rigger is able to deliver the best for any elite athlete. Using prepreg carbon fibre with an advanced bladder moulding technique creates a single seamless rigger with zero joins.
- Corrosion is something all rowers face when looking for longevity of their rowing hulls. That’s why Sykes has integrated titanium fittings, from pins to bushings on its premium carbon bow mount rigger.
- It’s always frustrating when you’re on the water and need to adjust feet height, angle etc. but don’t have a spanner handy. That’s why we made a stretcher where there are no tools required. Designed and manufactured in house, the Sykes stretcher offers the ultimate combination of lightweight, stiff and easy adjustment so you can spend more time training.
If you would like further information about any of Sykes' boats, please contact us.